Labor Day Shutter Therapy

4 Comments
It is a public holiday in Malaysia today, celebrating the Labor Day, and what better chance I can take than to go all out to have an awesome shutter therapy session on the street this morning. I decided to arm myself with the cute tiny Panasonic GM1 and attacked streets of Chow Kit, together with Jackie Loi and his friend, Eric. It was a hot, sunny morning, and I managed to get some photos which I am sharing here now. 

It was a slow, easy morning hence we had quite a fun, and relaxing walk at Chow Kit streets. 

I think many photographers struggle too hard to achieve extraordinary results. I on the other hand chose to do the exact opposite. If you have not noticed, all my images are focusing on very ordinary subjects, ordinary people in everyday places, nothing out of the usual, nothing spectacular. I have said this before, and I will say it again, as photographers, it is important to find beauty in ordinary things. Instead of going to find the elusive "moments", we have to open our eyes to realize that photography opportunities are all around us, all we have to do is grab the camera, go out and SHOOT. 

All images were taken with Panasonic GM1 and Olympus M.Zuiko lenses 45mm F1.8 and 25mm F1.8

Start the day with Chilli Pan Mee at Kin Kin Restaurant. Almost every time I am shooting at Chow Kit I would have this as breakfast. 



Market Worker



Hanging Out without Chairs

Passing By

Life Exchanged with a Piece of Paper

Stripes

The One Standing Up is the One you Listen to

Back Lane

Bananas

Morning Paper

numbers

Blood Stain

A big box

Meow

window with bars

Bright Yellow

The best way to end the shooting session: coffee



4 comments:

  1. As always some wonderful captures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you sort and keep some on a Flickr website discarding the rest or you discard most after a month or two.

    Not sure what I'd do with so many pictures. Thankful no cost digital days.

    I'll start printing my fave with new Epson P 600 to match some mystic poetry... after all we did come back for some reason didn't we.

    Bob for cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word: impressive. The "passing by" shot is very strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”.
    labor day mattress sales

    ReplyDelete